Great Links
Welcome to The Roof Top
In the early days of the church, people would gather on the roof tops to talk and share their lives with one another. I hope this blog can serve the same purpose.
This blog is designed to serve as an Online Growth Group for The Bridge Church in Cleveland, Ga, but everyone is invited to join in on the discussions about how God is working in our lives. Please feel free to watch the podcasts and join us in our walk.
Luke 12:3
What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.
This blog is designed to serve as an Online Growth Group for The Bridge Church in Cleveland, Ga, but everyone is invited to join in on the discussions about how God is working in our lives. Please feel free to watch the podcasts and join us in our walk.
Luke 12:3
What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Patrick's message was awesome on Sunday!
ReplyDeleteThis is cool Adam. i am looking forward to more people joining and interacting.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAdam, this is going to be awesome. The title is spot on, and this really is blowing the walls down. I read a quote today about vehicles like this that got me really pumped: "..the gospel of Jesus is particularly well suited for helping us understand, adapt to, and even thrive among the challenges of living within a hyperconnected culture...There is a force that is capable of synchronizing a large population in a little time, thereby creating spontaneous order." I LOVE that phrase "spontaneous order!"
ReplyDeleteShared Authority and Responsibility; what a great message. I enjoy going to the Bridge so much, it is such a down to earth ‘real’ place, no fluff and stuff, no pretence, no blah, blah, blah… I like that, it really is a shadow of what I believe is to come in the ‘hereafter’, that is after we leave this world. Did Pastor Patrick say jackass this morning, I think he did. Did he call Jeff Groves a jackass, nah, surely that is not what he said. Among so much of the good stuff this morning the one thing that stuck out to me the most was Patrick’s comment about how much better life would be if we were to ‘be like’ Jesus. Think about it, how would things change in this world if we just woke up tomorrow and everyone was following the practices taught in the bible. “Love the lord your God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself…” that is it, nothing else, nothing more. Love would prevail, peace would abound and we’d all be happy. NOW, how about allah? Nope that wouldn’t be the results if it was allah. How about the worlds other religions??? Nope not them either. Christianity is the only ’religion’, for lack of a better word, that teaches LOVE. It is the way it should be and you know it could be that way if you, me and those around us could just ‘catch’ the vision that is set before us… if you missed church this morning then take a look online at the message.
ReplyDeleteIt was an awesome message this morning. It's been a great series for that matter. Being (at least trying to be) the Shadow/spirit of God is what truly sets faithful believers apart from everyone else. I think most religions teach love, but the difference is the “who.” The “who” for Christianity is everyone. I think the shared leadership message from this morning points to an inclusive philosophy that is at the heart of Christianity. It was cool thinking about how crucial the change in the selection of leaders really was. I can only imagine how we would respond as a nation if we changed the way we selected our president. The main thing I walked away with is “don’t wait on a ‘chosen pastor’ to make a difference.” We can all do our part to further the kingdom. We should all be the spirit of God.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, these past two weeks sermons have been tremendous. I have to go back two weeks ago though. I have never thought of Peter and John's conversation with the lame beggar as "God guiding by what He does NOT provide." If Peter and John had the resource that the man requested, he would have missed out on an incredible blessing. But my first fleshy reaction, before stepping back from the story, is that it was so unfortunate that there wasn't any extra cash in the disciples' tunics...
ReplyDeleteI often catch myself thinking of how necessary and nonexpendible I think am. That if I don't have my ducks in a row and every detail micromanaged, then the Holy Spirit will be rendered ineffective. This results in a scamper to tighten my grip and deep remorse, guilt, frustration, and unnecessary exhaustion when things slip through my fingers. But look what was accomplished when Peter and John had no control. We make the conditions and then God hits us with an epistemic shift!
Jeff's sermon this morning was great! One of the reasons that I drive from Flowery Branch to spend Sunday morning at The Bridge is that I always come away feeling like there was something, no matter how large or small, that directly applies to where I am in life right now. Today, I am struggling with a couple of MAJOR decisions that I need to make. I am so afraid of making the wrong decision. I asked Jeff after church how I can know that what I am hearing and feeling when I pray is really God speaking to me and when it is just that it is what I think He would be saying to me. I've always been so afraid of making the wrong decisions. Maybe this is my time to "fail forward" and just to trust that, no matter what my decision, God has a reason and a purpose for it.
ReplyDeleteI feel somewhat cut off or disconnected from The Bridge because I only know a handful of people and have a work and school schedule that doesn't allow me to come up to growth groups or events during the week. One of the decisions I am trying to make is about purchasing a home in Cleveland. In the meantime, I was so happy to see this growth group formed. I hope that more people will join in and I look forward to seeing everyone's thoughts on the weekly sermons.
@Joe I have thought many times about how lucky I am that God did not give me what I wanted. I can only imagine where I would be if he had. I keep reminding myself that if I was in control I would be where I wanted to be instead of where HE wanted me to be. I am reminded of a video clip from Kung Fu Panda that I used for PLC's one time. It is about the "illusion of control." When we plant a peach seed, we shouldn't expect to get an apple tree. All we can control is what we choose to plant. Everything else is left to God.
ReplyDelete@Pat I didn't realize you lived in FB. I have been trying to make a tough decision for awhile now, and I had a friend ask me the other day "how I knew it was God speaking and what he wanted." That is a tough question. I can say that I have started listening a little closer these days lol!